· 2 cups shredded chicken meat
· 6 cups chicken broth
· 1/2 cup sliced carrots
· 1/2 cup raw rice, converted
· 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
· 1 cup frozen or canned mixed vegetables
· Salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium pot bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and 1/2 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil again. Cover, reduce heat to simmer, and cook undisturbed for 15 minutes. Without removing cover, take off heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove cover, fluff rice with a fork, and set aside. In slow cooker, combine chicken, broth, vegetables, and seasonings. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or cook on high for 3 to 4 hours. Add cooked rice and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Chicken Rice Soup is ready. Serve hot.